Wednesday, August 11, 2010

So, this was suppose to be one said character, Liam Ioder from NSIL, but apparently I didn't really get to draw him good enough. His hair should be black, instead of very dark dark brown, and his eyes should be a little more green.

To be honest it's a little disappointing to know that just so little details has made such a disappointing impact. I feel like this piece was totally ruined. Like, it's not just a few mistakes but that it's completely failed. I don't know if I should even try drawing that character anymore. Each time I try I get critiqued on this and that. And each time there's no real compliment on:

"yeah you could work on this but you know the eyes are really awesome and all in all I liked the pose."

I just....I don't know how to say this but how can an artist feel inspired to draw after having been told that this character looks like an other; period? I can get constructive criticism, I asked for it. But I could still get the good points about the picture no less...That's kinda why I don't want to draw other people's characters (or to some people anyways) because when it comes down to critic the art it's a major disappointment. It's like I couldn't please them. Not with one thing and not with my drawing...I am writing this down because I need to get it out, and I know that no one really reads this shit XD If they do well, comment on it damnit! I think I said this more than once, but I rather have the brutal truth than to be ignored.

No comments:

Post a Comment